Today our day started off with an icebreaker like usual. We played running pictionary, I was pretty good at it too. I got my first answer right and went on to draw a storm for my group. I used silent communication with hand gestures. After that whenever I got an answer right I would not take the turn to draw the picture. I tried to get the whole group involved, I was mainly focusing on the quite group members. After pictionary we went on to learn about myths and morals. Ethan wasn't here when we started so I took action, I communicated with the group on what myths and morals are, and how they relate to each other. I found the part on how they relate a bit challenging, but when I started thinking about the past and myths I was told, it sparked a lightbulb. I came to a conclusion that Myths can be used as a lesson, and a moral is a lesson. As soon as that idea came to my head, my ideas started flowing. We also worked on story character stereotypes. For example bad guys, good guys, and heros. I came to an argument with my group about Walter White from breaking bad being a hero. He saved Jessie at the end so I considered him a hero. Today I learned about hidden morals in myths, those morals shaped me into a very cautious child. For example one very popular myth that has shaped young children for a very log time is Santa Claus. It makes kids want to be nice people instead of being on the "naughty list". I myself avoided the naughty list.
Today is also the halfway point of lead.
I had set goals for myself at the beginning of this program that I have already achieved. I have shaped my thinking in only two weeks. Lead has totally improved my lacking areas of intelligence. I'm looking forward to see what I could acomplish at the end of this program.
These are GREAT examples of your learning - making connections between what you re seeing in class, and your every day life. This shows you as a thoughtful and intelligent learner!! Keep up this level of focus and insight and you will go far.
ReplyDelete