Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Day 7

  Today I presented my micro teach, it was on how to shoot a free throw. I messed up at the beginning as
I forgot to introduce myself and the topic I was covering. Luckily Ethan pointed it out and I started over. That is one of my big problems, forgetting. I am extremely forgetful, I have to get constantly reminded of things that I have to get done. I forget in seconds, my mom will ask me to take a waterbottle to practice and when I'm leaving out the door I will just leave the filled waterbottle on the counter. I often forget about Homework too, mostly due to procrastination and that I think it is not important, that I can just get by without doing it. I changed that habit now, but now that I look back it affected my schooling so much. We also did coordinates and fractions today. It was very quick and easy and as soon as I finished I started helping out the people around me. It was simple to me, I knew all of the shortcuts and I explained those shortcuts to my peers. I didn't really learn much today as I already knew the basic things that were taught, so today I focused towards those who didn't understand. (I know I messed up on the X axis)

2 comments:

  1. What could we do to make you learn more? It's awesome that you already knew what was being asked of you, and especially awesome that you helped students. However you're in this program to learn, did you not learn anything from our Ice Breaker? Or Micro Teaches? As a human you learn something new everyday, it's just a matter of realizing. Reflecting is a great way to acknowledge what you learnt or thought about the day. Reflecting or doing my voice memos will also stop you from forgetting your homework, it will actually help you remember it better.
    Today you figured out the mapping quickly, and I was very happy to see you helping your classmates. With that attitude you might be able to be a peer tutor in this program when you're old enough. I don't know if you've considered it, but I think you'd do very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you learned a lot about yourself! It is one thing to understand a topic enough to do it yourself - but even better when you get it SO WELL that you can help your peers. That is huge evidence of your learning and growth.

    The fact that you forgot to introduce yourself, but went back and made that correction is also the sign of a good learner. Don't minimize it. Forgetfulness, to come degree, can be overcome by making those corrections and continually going back and improving. Some things are like shooting a basketball - the more you practice, the better you get. Like muscle memory. Your body and mind can develop new patterns, if you keep practicing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete