Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Day 3

What are you learning?
I am learning new ways to learn, we have learned key things that I lack in and it changes the way I think. We learned the first and then method of accomplishing things that need to be done, and that helps my procrastination. I know that whatever we learn here needs to be applied to our thinking, it's not just hear it and do it. I need to make a habit of these things which will make me successful in school. We also learned the scientific method. The scientific method is applied to our everyday life whithout us knowing it, it breaks down and explains a question.

Why are you learning?
There is completely nothing wrong with learning, this program isn't a punishment to me but it's a complete benefit. School is extremely important and I have struggled in it which is bad. This program helps me learn and it benefits me. Knowledge is the most important thing in my opinion, it's too bad that I realized it too late. I'm here to learn, to gain critical skills that I do not have.

How will you learn it
The peer tutors are a really big help, they help me understand what I don't know. I need to apply everything I learn her to my work habits for example relating. Ethan explained to me that relating is how he remembered and gained interest in his subjects. Relating can drastically change my interest in Social Studies. I could use relating anywhere and I'm trying to make it a habit. Putting these skills in my everyday life would not only change the way I think in school but at home and everywhere else too.

2 comments:

  1. Overall I am extremely impressed with this reflection, great job. There's some grammatical issues I can see, I'll go over them with you tomorrow, but the content covers almost any question I can think of. There's a very large difference between knowledge, thought, and intelligence. You said "Knowledge is the most important thing in my opinion," I would disagree. We're trying not to focus on teaching you knowledge in-fact, because knowledge is the least useful tool in life (out of the three I listed). Intelligent people can always become knowledgeable, however a knowledgeable person can not always become intelligent. Thought is also more important than knowledge, because being able to think in this most powerful thing in the world, in my opinion. Intelligent thinkers are the people who create tests and knowledgeable people will only write the tests. I'm really happy to see you progressing in this program by only the third day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts here Harjot. I love that you don't view this program as a punishment, but an opportunity for growth and learning. That is a GREAT attitude. I am impressed by your ability to look for the positive learning opportunity in every lesson and scenario. Trying to make connections to your life as a students, and to your life in the real world is what is already improving your thinking skills and building new patterns.

    I am glad to hear that Ethan is giving your strategies that are helping you relate things in social studies, and that Mr. Dewinetz's "FIRST...THEN" technique is helping you focus your energy. It is a great tool to help with procrastination - I hope that is something that makes a difference in all your studies in the future! It is so great to see you taking charge of your learning. Great work!

    ReplyDelete