Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Day 17 (part 1 of project)
My project is based on government and economy. Which government/economic system would be best for our developing Island? So far I have been writing down notes on different government systems, how they affect the economy and the people. I'm trying to relate governments and economy as much as possible, but one of my challenges is how a democratic economy would work. The other governments like monarchy and communismn are easy, due to the fact that the government is solely controlling the economy, where as in a democracy it is decided by the people. It's hard for me to predict and visualize a democratic economy. I could looks at countries close to full democracy such as Norway which could help. Relating has helped me understand economic corruption through a monarchy. Mr. Dewinitz gave me an example of Louis XIV, and how he lead France to economic corruption after spending all of the peoples money on himself. After that my ideas started to flow. Sometimes I need these little boosts to get my mind flowing, like a jumpstart. Currently I'm trying to decide on how I am going present my subject, how I will engage the audience. I was thinking of doing a PowerPoint presentation with pictures and short sentences. Instead of reading of the screen, I am going to put a short sentence on the slide and explain in detail about the subject. I have been noting pros and cons of these governments. I'm struggling with the amount of content on the economy part compared to the government. I'm still working on how a government will affect the economy as I don't have a full understanding of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Research research research! That's how you will find the economic and political differences you're looking for.
ReplyDeleteA Democratic economy would be less secure. In Canada our different political parties have different economic views, and would each run the economy differently, if elected. On our island that could be the same situation.
Reading key lines off a powerpoint, but expanding on them, is the best way to present. Remember you only have a couple minutes to present. I'm looking forward to seeing this presentation tomorrow.