Thursday, July 23, 2015

Day 13

 Today we focused on math, it was pretty
easy, because of my interest in math. Since I was breezing through all of this math, I helped my table buddy Arsh, he was having trouble and I helped him relate. For example the paper said 3 cups  of flour for 24 muffins. We needed to make 12 muffins, he was having trouble dividing the cups. I made him picture he had $3, and we needed to see how many $.50 could fit into $3. Then he understood and lightbulb went on in his head. I took my perspective of the dividing and gave it to him, I related the fractions to real life. I felt most proud of this today, I helped someone who needed it. Ethan was also very proud of Arsh and I, he kept saying "I trained them well," bragging to others. During our muffin making Kidus was struggling with mixing the ingredients together and I thought of how Rocky Balboa went through the pain of training, I know it has nothing to do with baking, but sometimes my mind just wonders off. So I played the Rocky theme music for Kidus. It motivated him but also I made others laugh. I like making others happy, it makes me happy!

1 comment:

  1. You should feel proud of yourself too! Not only were you accomplishing the math work independently, you also tried to make it harder on yourself, and you helped a fellow student. Think about where you were at the start of the program to now, it's great to see so much positive change.
    Did you struggle with anything today? Learn anything? Why or Why not? This is a good reflection, but next time try and read the sheet on the board to guide you slightly, I've just noticed you haven't said that you've learnt anything lately or how.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete