Monday, July 20, 2015
Day 10
Today one of the main points that I think will help me improve is the reading comprehension activities, that were presented today by Jennah. One of my strong points during reading are connections. Connections are always something I work on, which is basically relating two or more things. Like I have said in my other blog posts, I am always trying to work on relating/connections. While I read books I do get stuck sometimes, but when I do, I read the sentence over and over if I don't understand what is happening. There is one big part missing in my reading which will help me a lot, and that is inferencing. I have noticed this in my mom, she often gets stuck and then keeps repeating the question or sentence over and over without thinking. She does not inference at all, and that made me realize I do the same thing as her. That is also why I never ask her for help on homework. I also just realized that I used a connection without knowing to help me inference, I guess my thinking is already improving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your thinking is DEFINITELY improving!! Learning to inference is so important. It applies in reading, but also in Math and Science. Understanding that this is important and trying to be more aware of it is a huge step into growing as a learner. Great job!!!!
ReplyDelete